Last year, we wrote about our three overall resolutions for YDKJ. This year, we’re each going to give you a little write-up on what we’re looking forward to in the new year. On to the resolutions!
These are my resolutions for 2012:
- My main goal in the new year is to pay more attention to details and know every project or problem I have to deal with inside out. Staying one step ahead instead of one step behind. I’ve found that even a moderate amount of research and going over details has put me in a better position than other people in any given situation. Preparation and scheduling is the key.
- I would like to get more press passes cover News and Entertainment events. It is a challenging but fun job coming up with unique and interesting questions to ask and shooting video and photographs that give a good impression of what it was like to be there.
I hereby present the resolutions I have set for the year 2012:
- Write more posts. This past year I dedicated myself to building our following on Facebook and Twitter. While this is very important I fell behind in actual posts. With the stresses of the 9-5 job sometimes you just want to veg out for the evening. The last thing you want to do is sit in front of the
typewritermonitor and try to come up with something. There were lots of these nights. I need to win the lottery!
- Meet some other New Jersey bloggers…in person. We made some virtual friends this year (you know who you are!) but we never actually got together to have a burger, coffee, or a couple of beers and talk things Jersey and blogging.
- On a personal note I need to stress less. Have a little fun and don’t take things so seriously. Some people tease me and call me the curmudgeon. Some truth to that. Need to take that “chill pill” once in a while. Now get outta here and leave me alone…I still have 2 days left to be an old man!
My resolutions this year are to do the following:
- Make more videos. I dabbled in video a little this year and I have some really fun ideas about other videos I’d like to make. I just need more time in the day and at least two personal assistants to get all these ideas going.
- Visit the shore more often. Because I’m somewhat averse to crowds, I tend to want to avoid going to the shore in the summer. But, then during the rest of the year I also forget how close it is. I’ve been to the shore more during the off-season than during the summer and I’d like to get down there even more. I got a taste of the fun shopping along the shore in my Shop Local, NJ, series on holiday shopping and I definitely want to see more!
- Get more people involved in the site. It’s kind of related to the first of my resolutions in that I need assistants to help me get through all my ideas. I would like to get more brains thinking about cool things to do and good articles to write.
Copyright, You Don’t Know Jersey, LLC (2010-2020)