Do you really want to watch this travesty of television? This disgrace of our popular culture? This hair gel stain on our great state? We of course do not watch but a lot of our fellow residents do. Here are 10 things that you could do tonight instead that will not automatically lower you I.Q. by 40 points.
- Head to Atlantic City for their “Jazz on the Beach” concert series. Tonight jazz and traditional pop vocalist Ella Gahnt performs her tribute to the “Real Divas of Jazz” on the boardwalk between Mississippi & Georgia Avenues.
- Summer is hot dog season! Go to one of the many awesome hot dog joints across New Jersey such as Boulevard Drinks in Jersey City, Hiram’s in Fort Lee, Hot Dog Johnny’s in Butzville, or Charlie’s Pool Room in Alpha.
- Try reading for a change! Settle in with a new book like Brains: A Zombie Memoir by Robin Becker.
- You look tired. Get to sleep early and catch up on some zzzzzs.
- Invite some friends over, crack open some beers, and watch the Yankees scalp the Indians.
- Get the family together and dust off those bikes. New Jersey is full of bike trails like the Saddle River Bike Path, the Cheesequake State Park path, and the Atlantic County Bikeway.
- If you are like me your house could use some cleaning. Get the vacuum, broom, and Swiffer and get to work!
- Make some popcorn, dim the lights, and settle in with some DVDs just out this week including Clash of the Titans and the entire series of 21 Jump Street (you know you want to!).
- Practice your Big Lebowski moves at the many bowling alleys that dot our state. Bowling not your game? Grab a cue and play a little 8 Ball at a pool hall or local bar.
- Do Anything Else!!!
Be proud of our state and don’t give these poseurs the attention they crave. The sooner the rating go down the sooner they will go away like a bad rash!
Copyright, You Don’t Know Jersey, LLC (2010-2022)