The Monmouth University Polling Institute released their latest poll data today and it shows that most residents are happy with the quality of life in the Garden State. Currently nearly 2 out of 3 say New Jersey is either an excellent or good place to call home. Damn right!
The Institute, located in West Long Branch, found most local evaluations have remained steady. In fact, what some people may find surprising is that 70% of New Jerseyans currently rate their town or city positively. Of course we here at YDKJ are not surprised but many times polls about our state can produce some negative replies by its residents.
The poll asks five questions in a random, statewide sample of 803 adult residents;
1. Overall, how would you rate New Jersey as a place to live?
2. How would you rate your town or city as a place to live?
3. How would you rate the quality of the environment in the area where you live?
4. How would you rate the job your local schools are doing?
5. How safe do you feel in your neighborhood at night?
Most people I encounter do like living in New Jersey. Sure, I hear complaints from time to time, mainly because it’s so expensive to live here. But, my in-no-way scientific research is pretty close to the findings of the Monmouth poll.
What do you say? How do you like living here?
Copyright, You Don’t Know Jersey, LLC (2010-2022)