I Don’t Know What I’m Doing But I Think I Sound Alright Tour 2018 Journal – Pt. I

by Katie Miller • April 29, 2018 • Arts & Entertainment, MusicComments (0)927

First day of the I Don’t Know What I’m Doing But I Think I Sound Alright Tour 2018 is in the books. It’s been a long one, for sure. The day started at 10 am when my alarm went off, by which point I had packed literally nothing. That was item number one on today’s to do list. Not sure why I procrastinate so badly but it’s been a lifelong habit and at this point I prefer to just roll with it.

I managed to get everything together in about 45 minutes with my foolproof system. First I got all my clothes and toiletries in order, then gear, then miscellaneous items. It worked out alright; so far I don’t seem to have forgotten anything. Roger helped me load the car before we went out to breakfast together. I got two scrambled eggs, bacon, whole wheat toast, and french fries. I figured that I had a long drive ahead of me and I didn’t want to get hungry. I ate as much as I possibly could, but wasn’t able to finish the fries despite my best efforts. After grabbing a few last minute items I was on my way.

The drive to Ithaca was pretty uneventful, overall. I drank a liter of water on the way, listened to a handful of good albums including the new J. Cole, which may or may not have made me tear up a little. I suppose the highlight of the journey was my pitstop for gas. I had totally forgotten that I would have to pump my own gas on this trip. I’m capable, but it was funny nonetheless to pull into a rest stop and have it suddenly dawn on me.

The show tonight took place in a college apartment on the Ithaca campus. I didn’t really know what to expect when I got there, but the place was pretty nice and the hosts were very hospitable. It ended up being a marathon of folk acts and singer songwriters, most (all?) of whom were Ithaca students. This was my first show without a band in a couple months and it actually felt kind of nice to hear everything stripped down. During the show I got to meet some really kind and interesting people that I hope to stay connected with.

The place cleared out most of the way after the show, but a few people stuck around to hang out. Now it’s past 3 am, I’m exhausted but really happy with how Day 1 went. Tomorrow I have to drive 6 hours to Burlington for a show at The Skinny Pancake which was not great logistical planning on my part. Still, I’m looking forward to seeing friends in Vermont and sharing my music with more new people.

I don’t know what I’m doing but I think I sound alright.

Copyright, You Don’t Know Jersey, LLC (2010-2024)

Pin It

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.